Your vehicle must use only unleaded gasoline.
Premium unleaded gasoline with an octane rating of 91 (Research Octane Number 96) or higher required for optimum engine performance. If 91 octane cannot be obtained, you may use unleaded gasoline with an octane rating as low as 87 (Research Octane Number 91). Use of unleaded gasoline with an octane rating lower than 91 may result in engine knocking. Persistent knocking can lead to engine damage and should be corrected by refueling with higher octane unleaded gasoline.
At minimum, the gasoline you use should meet the specifications of ASTM D4814 in the U.S.A. and CGSB3.5-M93 in Canada.
Fuel tank opening for unleaded gasoline
To help prevent incorrect fueling, your Lexus has a fuel tank opening that
accommodates the special nozzle on unleaded fuel pumps.
If your engine knocks
l Consult your Lexus dealer.
- You may occasionally notice light knocking for a short time while accelerating or driving uphill. This is normal and there is no need for concern.
In very few cases, driveability problems may be caused by the brand of
are using. If driveability problems persist, try changing the brand of gasoline. If this
does not correct the problem, consult your Lexus dealer.
Gasoline quality standards
Automotive manufacturers in the US, Europe and Japan have developed a specification for fuel quality called World-Wide Fuel Charter (WWFC) that is expected to be applied worldwide.
- The WWFC consists of four categories that are based on required emission levels. In the US, category 4 has been adopted.
- The WWFC improves air quality by lowering emissions in vehicle fleets, and customer satisfaction through better performance.
Lexus recommends the use of gasoline containing detergent additives
Lexus recommends the use of gasoline that contains detergent additives to avoid build-up of engine deposits.
- All gasoline sold in the US contains detergent additives to clean and/or keep clean intake systems.
Lexus recommends the use of cleaner burning gasoline
Cleaner burning gasoline, including reformulated gasoline that contains
such as ethanol or MTBE (Methyl Tertiary Butyl Ether) is available in many areas.
Lexus recommends the use of cleaner burning gasoline and appropriately blended
reformulated gasoline. These types of gasoline provide excellent vehicle
reduce vehicle emissions and improve air quality.
Lexus does not recommend blended gasoline
Lexus allows the use of oxygenate blended gasoline where the oxygenate
is up to 10% ethanol or 15% MTBE.
- If you use gasohol in your Lexus, be sure that it has an octane rating no
- Lexus DOES NOT recommend the use of gasoline containing methanol.
Lexus does not recommend gasoline containing MMT
Some gasoline contains octane enhancing additive called MMT
Lexus DOES NOT recommend the use of gasoline that contains MMT. If fuel
MMT is used, your emission control system may be adversely affected.
The malfunction indicator lamp on the instrument cluster may come on. If this
contact your Lexus dealer for service.
Notice on fuel quality
- Do not use improper fuels. If improper fuels are used the engine will be damaged.
- Do not use leaded gasoline.
Leaded gasoline can cause damage to your vehicle’s three-way catalytic
causing the emission control system to malfunction.
- Do not use gasohol other than that stated here.
Other gasohol may cause fuel system damage or vehicle performance problems.
- Use of unleaded gasoline with an octane rating lower than 91 may result in
knocking. Persistent knocking can lead to engine damage and should be corrected by refueling with higher octane unleaded gasoline.
Fuel-related poor driveability
If after using a different type of fuel, poor driveability is encountered (poor
vaporization, engine knocking, etc.), discontinue the use of that type of fuel.
When refueling with gasohol Take care not to spill gasohol. It can damage your vehicle's paint.
Thrust vs. Thrift
Thanks to the drivetrain's immediate thrust, the CT 200h has adequate oomph for driving solo: It scoots from a stoplight well enough and maintains highway speeds with little trouble. But it lacks ...
Using the phone book
To enter the menu for each function, follow the steps below using a voice command or : - Adding a new phone number 1. “Phonebook” → 2. “Add Entry”. - Changing the registered name in the phon ...
Bottle holders/door pockets
- Front The front door pockets can be opened and closed. - Rear CAUTION: Caution while driving (front door pockets) Keep the door pockets closed. Injuries may result in the e ...