If the electronic key does not operate properly
If communication between the electronic key and vehicle is interrupted or the electronic key cannot be used because the battery is depleted, smart access system with push-button start and wireless remote control cannot be used. In such cases, the doors can be opened or the engine can be started by following the procedure below.
Locking and unlocking the doors and key linked functions
Remove the cover on the driver’s
door handle using the mechanical
key in order to perform
the following operations.
1. Locks all doors.
2. Closes the windows/standard moon roof (turn and hold) 3. Unlocks the door.
Turning the key rearward unlocks the driver's door. Turning the key once again unlocks the other doors.
4. Opens the windows/standard moon roof (turn and hold).
Return the cover to the original position after use.
Changing “ENGINE START STOP” switch modes and starting the engine
1. Shift the shift lever to P and apply the brakes.
2. Touch the Lexus emblem side of the electronic key to the “ENGINE START STOP” switch.
An alarm will sound to indicate that
the start function cannot detect the
electronic key that is touched to
the “ENGINE START STOP”
switch if any of the doors is opened and closed while the key is touched to the switch.
3. To change “ENGINE START STOP” switch modes: Within 10 seconds of the buzzer sounding, release the brake pedal and press the “ENGINE START STOP” switch. Modes can be changed each time the switch is pressed.
To start the engine: Press the “ENGINE START STOP” switch within 10 seconds after the buzzer sounds, keeping the brake pedal depressed.
In the event that the “ENGINE START STOP” switch still cannot be operated, contact your Lexus dealer.
Stopping the engine
Shift the shift lever to P and press the “ENGINE START STOP” switch as you
do when stopping the engine.
Replacing the key battery
As the above procedure is the temporary measure, it is recommend that the
key battery be replaced immediately when the battery depletes.
Lexus offers several Lexus LS 460's option packages. The Comfort Package includes a power trunk closer, Intuitive Park Assist, heated rear seats and heated and cooled front seats. The Comfort Plus ...
Using the radio
- Type A - Type B - Type C Setting station presets (excluding XM® Satellite Radio) 1. Search for the desired stations by turning or or pressing or on . 2. Press and hold the button ( ...
Auxiliary box To open, press down the knob. CAUTION: Caution while driving Keep the auxiliary box closed. In the event of sudden braking, personal injury may result from contact due to movemen ...