Event data recorder
Your vehicle has computers that monitor and control certain aspects of your vehicle. These computers assist in driving and maintaining optimal vehicle performance.
Besides storing data useful for troubleshooting, there is a system to that record data in a crash or a near car crash event.
In a crash or a near car crash event
The SRS airbag sensor assembly contains the EDR. In a crash or a near
car crash event, this device may record some or all of the following
- Engine speed.
- Whether the brake pedal was applied or not.
- Vehicle speed.
- To what extent the accelerator pedal was depressed.
- Position of the transmission shift lever.
- Whether the driver and front passenger wore seat belts or not.
- Driver's seat position.
- SRS airbag deployment data.
- SRS airbag system diagnostic data.
- Front passenger's occupant classification.
The information above is intended to be used for the purpose of improving vehicle safety performance. Unlike general data recorders, the EDR does not record sound data such as conversation between passengers.
Disclosure of the data
Lexus will not disclose the data recorded in an EDR to a third party
- An agreement from the vehicle's owner (or the leasing company for a leased vehicle) is obtained.
- Officially requested by the police or other authorities.
- Used as a defense for Lexus in a law suit.
- Ordered by a court law.
However, if necessary Lexus will: - Use the data for research on Lexus vehicle safety performance.
- Disclose the data to a third party for research purposes without disclosing details of the vehicle owner, and only when it is deemed necessary.
- Disclose summarized data cleared of vehicle identification information to a non-Lexus organization for research purposes.
Anti-glare inside rear view mirror
In AUTO mode, sensors are used to detect the headlights of vehicles behind and automatically reduces the reflected light. 1. Turns AUTO mode ON/OFF The indicator comes on when AUTO mode is turne ...
Air conditioning filter
The air conditioning filter must be cleaned or changed regularly to maintain air conditioning efficiency. Replacement method 1. Turn the “ENGINE START STOP” switch OFF. 2. Open the glove box. ...
If your vehicle overheats
If your engine overheats: 1. Stop the vehicle in a safe place and turn off the automatic air conditioning system. 2. Check to see if steam is coming out from under the hood. If you see steam: Sto ...