If a wheel is bent, cracked or heavily corroded, it should be replaced.
the tire may separate from the wheel or cause loss of handling control.
When replacing wheels, care should be taken to ensure that they are equivalent to those removed in load capacity, diameter, rim width, and inset*.
Replacement wheels are available at your Lexus dealer.
*: Conventionally referred to as “offset”.
Lexus does not recommend using: - Wheels of different sizes or types.
- Used wheels.
- Bent wheels that have been straightened.
Aluminum wheel precautions
Use only Lexus wheel nuts and wrenches designed for use with your aluminum wheels.
- When rotating, repairing or changing your tires, check that the wheel nuts are still tight after driving 1000 miles (1600 km).
- Be careful not to damage the aluminum wheels when using tire chains.
- Use only Lexus genuine balance weights or equivalent and a plastic or rubber hammer when balancing your wheels.
When replacing wheels
The wheels of your Lexus are equipped with tire pressure warning valves and
that allow the tire pressure warning system to provide advanced warning in the event of a loss in tire inflation pressure. Whenever wheels are replaced, the tire
pressure warning valves and transmitters must be installed.
When replacing wheels
- Do not use wheels that are a different size from those recommended in the Owner’s Manual, as this may result in loss of handling control.
- Never use an inner tube in a leaking wheel which is designed for a tubeless tire.
Doing so may result in an accident, causing death or serious injury.
Replacing tire pressure warning valves and transmitters - Because tire repair or replacement may affect the tire pressure warning valves and transmitters, make sure to have tires serviced by your Lexus dealer or other qualified service shop. In addition, make sure to purchase your tire pressure warning valves and transmitters at your Lexus dealer.
- Ensure that only genuine Lexus wheels are used on your vehicle.
Tire pressure warning valves and transmitters may not work properly with
If the shift lever cannot be shifted from P
If the shift lever cannot be shifted with your foot on the brake, there may be a problem with the shift lock system (a system to prevent accidental operation of the shift lever). Have the vehicle ...
2009 Lexus GX 470 review
Maybe I'm spoiled, but I like nice things. I especially like nice cars with rich leather seats, premium sound systems, powerful engines and super-cool features. These are some of the things that m ...
Operating an iPod® player
Connecting an iPod® player enables you to enjoy music from the vehicle speakers. Connecting an iPod® player Slide the armrest while pulling up the lever, and lift t ...