Positioning a floor jack
When raising your vehicle with a floor jack, position the jack correctly.
Improper placement may damage your vehicle or cause injury.
When raising your vehicle: Make sure to observe the following to reduce the possibility of death or serious injury.
Lift up the vehicle using a floor jack such as the one shown in the illustration.
When using a floor jack, follow the instructions of the manual provided with the jack.
- Do not use the jack that was supplied with your vehicle.
- Do not put any part of your body or get underneath the vehicle supported only
the floor jack.
Always use floor jack and/or automotive jack stands on a solid, flat, level surface.
- Do not start the engine while the vehicle is supported by the floor jack.
- Stop the vehicle on level firm ground, firmly set the parking brake and put
lever in P.
- Make sure to set the floor jack properly at the jack point.
Raising the vehicle with an improperly positioned floor jack will damage the
and may cause the vehicle to fall off the floor jack.
- Do not raise the vehicle while someone is in the vehicle.
- When raising the vehicle, do not place any objects on top of or underneath the floor jack.
The 2010 Lexus GX 460 takes its model designation from an all-new 4.6-liter V8 engine. The new 32-valve DOHC engine features aluminum alloy cylinder heads and block with dual Variable Valve Timing ...
If you lose your keys
New genuine Lexus keys can be made by your Lexus dealer using the other keys and the key number stamped on your key number plate. ...
If the vehicle 12-volt battery is discharged
The following procedures may be used to start the hybrid system if the vehicle’s 12-volt battery is discharged. You can also call your Lexus dealer or a qualified repair shop. If you have a set o ...