Cleaning and protecting the vehicle interior
The following procedures will help protect your vehicle's interior and
it in top condition:
Protecting the vehicle interior
Remove dirt and dust using a vacuum cleaner. Wipe dirty surfaces with a cloth dampened with lukewarm water.
Cleaning the leather areas
Remove dirt and dust using a vacuum cleaner.
- Wipe any excess dirt and dust with a soft cloth dampened with diluted detergent.
Use a diluted water solution of approximately 5% neutral wool detergent.
- Wring out any excess water from the cloth and thoroughly wipe off all remaining traces of detergent.
- Wipe the surface with a dry, soft cloth to remove any remaining moisture. Allow the leather to dry in shaded and ventilated area.
Synthetic leather areas
Remove loose dirt using a vacuum cleaner.
- Apply a mild soap solution to the synthetic leather using a sponge or soft cloth.
- Allow the solution to soak in for a few minutes. Remove the dirt and wipe off the solution with a clean, damp cloth.
Caring for leather areas
Lexus recommends cleaning the interior of the vehicle at least twice a year
the quality of the vehicle’s interior.
Shampooing the carpets
There are several commercial foaming-type cleaners available. Use a sponge or
brush to apply the foam. Rub in overlapping circles. Do not apply water. The
results are obtained by keeping the carpet as dry as possible.
Clean with mild soap and lukewarm water using a cloth or sponge. Also check
belts periodically for excessive wear, fraying or cuts.
Water in the vehicle
- Do not splash or spill liquid in the vehicle.
Doing so may cause electrical components etc. to malfunction or catch fire.
- Do not get any of the SRS components or wiring in the vehicle interior wet.
Electrical malfunction may cause the airbags to deploy or not function properly, resulting in death or severe injury.
Cleaning the interior (especially instrument panel)
Do not use polish wax or polish cleaner. The instrument panel may reflect off
windshield, obstructing the driver's view and leading to an accident, resulting in
death or serious injury.
Do not use the following types of detergent, as they may discolor the vehicle interior
or cause streaks or damage to painted surfaces.
- Non-seat portions: Organic substances such as benzene or gasoline, alkaline or acidic solutions, dye, or bleach.
- Seats: Acidic solutions, such as thinner, benzene, or alcohol.
- Do not use polish wax or polish cleaner. The instrument panel's or other
part's painted surface may be damaged.
Preventing damage to leather surfaces
Observe the following precautions to avoid damage to and deterioration of
- Remove any dust or dirt on leather surfaces immediately.
- Do not expose the vehicle to direct sunlight for extended periods of time.
the vehicle in the shade, especially during summer.
- Do not place items made of vinyl, plastic, or that contain wax on the
they may stick to the leather surface if the vehicle interior heats up significantly.
Water on the floor
Do not wash the vehicle floor with water.
Vehicle systems such as the audio system may be damaged if water comes into contact with electrical components under the floor of the vehicle, and may also cause the body to rust.
Cleaning the inside of the rear window
- Do not use glass cleaner to clean the rear window, as this may cause damage to
the rear window defogger heater wires. Use a cloth dampened with lukewarm
water to gently wipe the window clean. Wipe the window in strokes running
to the heater wires or antenna.
- Be careful not to scratch or damage the heater wires or antenna.
Driving position memory
Your preferred driving position (the position of the driver's seat, steering wheel and outside rear view mirrors) can be memorized and recalled with the touch of a button. It is also possible to s ...
Rear window and outside rear view mirror defoggers
These features are used to defog the rear window, and to remove raindrops, dew and frost from the outside rear view mirrors. Without navigation system ON/OFF The defoggers will automatically tu ...
Turn signal lever
The turn signal lever can be used to show the following intention of the driver: 1. Right turn. 2. Left turn. 3. Lane change to the right (push and hold the lever partway). The right hand sign ...