If your vehicle has to be stopped in an emergency
Only in an emergency, such as if it becomes impossible to stop the vehicle in the normal way, stop the vehicle using the following procedure:
1. Steadily step on the brake pedal with both feet and firmly depress it.
Do not pump the brake pedal repeatedly as this will increase the effort required to slow the vehicle.
2. Shift the shift lever to N.
If the shift lever is shifted to N
3. After slowing down, stop the vehicle in a safe place by the road.
4. Stop the engine.
If the shift lever cannot be
shifted to N
3. Keep depressing the brake pedal with both feet to reduce vehicle speed as much as possible.
4. Stop the engine by pressing and holding the “ENGINE START STOP” switch for 3 consecutive seconds or more.
5. Stop the vehicle in a safe place by the road.
If the engine has to be turned off while driving - Power assist for the brakes and steering wheel will be lost, making the brake pedal harder to depress and the steering wheel heavier to turn. Decelerate as much as possible before turning off the engine.
Packed with 10 airbags and the requisite safety features found in luxury cars these days, the 2010 RX was named a Top Safety Pick by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety in 2009. For 2010, t ...
While the RX 450h is reasonably priced to start at $42,110, adding options quickly ratchets up the sticker price. Items you might find standard on other cars in this class, like those heated and c ...
Theft prevention labels (for USA)
These labels are attached to the vehicle to reduce vehicle theft by facilitating the tracing and recovery of parts from stolen vehicles. Do not remove under penalty of law. ...