Using the Bluetooth® audio system
A message, name, number, etc. is displayed.
Lower-case characters and special characters cannot be displayed.
2. Displays information that is too long to be displayed at one time on the display (press and hold).
3. Selects items such as menu and number.
Turn: Selects an item.
Press: Inputs the selected item.
4. Bluetooth® connection condition.
If “BT” is not displayed, the
Bluetooth® audio system
cannot be used.
Operating the system using voice commands
By following voice guidance instructions output from the speaker, voice
commands enable the operation of the Bluetooth® audio system without
the need to check the display or operate
Operation procedure when using voice commands
Press the talk switch and follow voice guidance instructions.
Auxiliary commands when using voice commands
The following auxiliary commands can be used when operating the system using a voice command: “Cancel”: Exits the Bluetooth® audio system.
“Repeat”: Repeats the previous voice guidance instruction.
“Go back”: Returns to the previous procedure.
“Help”: Reads aloud the function summary if a help comment is registered for the selected function.
Using the Bluetooth® audio system for the first time
Before using the Bluetooth® audio system, it is necessary to register a
Bluetooth® enabled portable player in the system. Follow the procedure
below to register (pair) a portable player:
1. Press and select “BT•A MENU”
2. Press the talk switch or select “BT•A Setup” using .
The introductory guidance and portable player name registration instructions are heard.
3. Select “Pair Audio Player (Pair Audio)” using a voice command or .
4. Register a portable player name by either of the following methods: a. Select “Record Name” using , and
say the name to be
b. Press the talk switch and say the name to be registered.
A voice guidance instruction to confirm the input is heard.
5. Select “Confirm” using a voice command or .
A passkey is displayed and heard, and a voice guidance instruction for inputting the passkey into the portable player is heard.
6. Input the passkey into the portable player.
Refer to the manual that comes with the portable player for the operation of the portable player.
Guidance for registration completion is heard.
If the portable player has a Bluetooth® phone, the phone can be registered at the same time. A voice guidance instruction to register a Bluetooth ® phone is heard.
7. Select “Yes” or “No” using a voice command or .
Menu list of the Bluetooth® audio system
When using a voice command
For numbers, say a combination of single digits from zero to nine.
Say the command correctly and clearly.
Situations in which the system may not recognize your voice
When driving on rough roads.
When driving at high speeds.
When air is blowing out of the vents onto the microphone.
When the air conditioning fan emits a loud noise.
Operations that cannot be performed while driving
Operating the system with.
Registering a portable player to the system.
1. Seat position adjustment switch. 2. Seatback angle adjustment switch. 3. Seat cushion (front) angle adjustment switch. 4. Vertical height adjustment switch. 5. Lumbar support adjustment switc ...
If your vehicle has to be stopped in an emergency
Only in an emergency, such as if it becomes impossible to stop the vehicle in the normal way, stop the vehicle using the following procedure: 1. Steadily step on the brake pedal with both feet and f ...
Smart access system with push-button start
The following operations can be performed simply by carrying the electronic key on your person, for example in your pocket. (The driver should always carry the electronic key.) 1. Locks and unloc ...