Electronic key battery
Replace the battery with a new one if it is discharged.
You will need the following items:
- Small Phillips-head screwdriver.
- Lithium battery (CR1632).
Replacing the battery
Take out the mechanical key.
Remove the cover.
Remove the depleted battery.
Insert a new battery with the + terminal facing up.
If the electronic key battery is discharged
The following symptoms may occur.
- The smart access system with push-button start and wireless remote control
not function properly.
- The operational range is reduced.
Use a CR1632 lithium battery
l Batteries can be purchased at your Lexus dealer, jewelers, or camera stores.
- Replace only with the same or equivalent type recommended by a Lexus dealer.
- Dispose of used batteries according to the local laws.
Removed battery and other parts Keep away from children.
These parts are small and if swallowed by a child they can cause choking.
For normal operation after replacing the battery Observe the following precautions to prevent accidents.
- Always work with dry hands.
Moisture may cause the battery to rust.
- Do not touch or move any other components inside the remote control.
- Do not bend either of the battery terminals.
Child restraint systems
A child restraint system for a small child or baby must itself be properly restrained on the seat with the lap portion of the lap/shoulder belt. The laws of all 50 states of the U.S.A. and Canada no ...
Operating a USB memory player
Connecting a USB memory player enables you to enjoy music from the vehicle speakers. Connecting a USB memory player Slide the armrest while pulling up the lever, and lift the armrest. Remove th ...
The Lexus GS combines proven chassis systems with advanced dynamic handling technology to provide both agile handling and the Lexus trademark smooth ride. The double-wishbone front suspension and ...