Positioning a floor jack
When raising your vehicle with a floor jack, position the jack correctly.
Improper placement may damage your vehicle or cause injury.
When raising your vehicle: Make sure to observe the following to reduce the possibility of death or serious injury.
Lift up the vehicle using a floor jack such as the one shown in the illustration.
When using a floor jack, follow the instructions of the manual provided with the jack.
- Do not use the jack that was supplied with your vehicle.
- Do not put any part of your body or get underneath the vehicle supported only
the floor jack.
Always use floor jack and/or automotive jack stands on a solid, flat, level surface.
- Do not start the engine while the vehicle is supported by the floor jack.
- Stop the vehicle on level firm ground, firmly set the parking brake and put
lever in P.
- Make sure to set the floor jack properly at the jack point.
Raising the vehicle with an improperly positioned floor jack will damage the
and may cause the vehicle to fall off the floor jack.
- Do not raise the vehicle while someone is in the vehicle.
- When raising the vehicle, do not place any objects on top of or underneath the floor jack.
Dynamic radar cruise control
Dynamic radar cruise control supplements conventional cruise control with a vehicle-to-vehicle distance control. In the vehicle-to-vehicle distance control mode, the vehicle automatically accelerates ...
If you think something is wrong
If you notice any of the following symptoms, your vehicle probably needs adjustment or repair. Contact your Lexus dealer as soon as possible. Visible symptoms Fluid leaks under the vehicle (Water ...
Lexus GS 300 Review
A refined and elegant car since its early-1990s inception, the midsize Lexus GS 300 sedan always came up short in the personality department. Partly, this was a problem of perception. Lexus initia ...