Select a shift position appropriate for the driving conditions.
Shifting the shift lever
While the “ENGINE
START STOP” switch is
in IGNITION ON
mode, depress the brake
pedal and move the shift lever.
Shift position uses
*1: Shifting to the D position allows the system to select a gear suitable
driving conditions. Setting the shift lever to the D position is recommended for normal driving.
*2: Selecting shift ranges using S mode restricts the upper limit of the
gear ranges, controls engine braking forces, and prevents unnecessary upshifting.
Changing shift ranges in S mode
Shift the shift lever to the S mode driving position and operate the shift lever.
The initial shift range in S mode is set automatically to 5 or 4 according to vehicle speed. However, the initial shift range may be set to 3 if AI-SHIFT has operated while the shift lever was in the D position.
Shift ranges and their functions
Automatically selecting gears between 1 and 6 according to vehicle speed and driving conditions. However, the gear is limited according to selected shift range.
- You can choose from 6 levels of engine braking force.
- A lower shift range will provide greater engine braking force than a higher shift range, and the engine speed will also increase.
Downshifting restrictions warning buzzer (in the S mode)
To help ensure safety and driving performance, downshifting operation may
be restricted. In some circumstances, downshifting may not be possible even when the shift lever is operated. (The warning buzzer will sound twice.)
When driving with the cruise control system or dynamic radar cruise control system
The engine brake will not operate in the S mode, even when downshifting to 5 or 4.
If theindicator does not come
on even after shifting the shift lever to S mode driving position
This may indicate a malfunction in the automatic transmission system. Have
vehicle inspected by your Lexus dealer immediately.
(In this situation, the transmission will operate in the same as manner as when
shift lever is in D.)
When the shift range is 5 or lower, holding the shift lever toward “+” sets
range to 6.
- To prevent excessive engine speed, a function was adopted that automatically selects a higher shift range before engine speed becomes too high.
- To protect the automatic transmission, a function is adopted that
selects a higher shift range when the fluid temperature is high.
AI-SHIFT automatically selects the suitable gear according to driver
and driving conditions.
AI-SHIFT automatically operates when the shift lever is in the D position.
the shift lever to the S mode driving position cancels the function.)
Operating a Bluetooth® enabled portable player
- Type A - Type B Selecting an album To select the desired album, press or . Selecting tracks Press or on to select the desired track. Playing and pausing tracks To play or pause a tr ...
If a warning message is displayed
If a warning is shown on the multi-information display, stay calm and perform the following actions: 1. Master warning light. The master warning light also comes on or flashes in order to ind ...
Bottle holders/door pockets
- Front The front door pockets can be opened and closed. - Rear CAUTION: Caution while driving (front door pockets) Keep the door pockets closed. Injuries may result in the e ...