If your vehicle has to be stopped in an emergency
Only in an emergency, such as if it becomes impossible to stop the vehicle in the normal way, stop the vehicle using the following procedure:
1. Steadily step on the brake pedal with both feet and firmly depress it.
Do not pump the brake pedal repeatedly as this will increase the effort required to slow the vehicle.
2. Shift the shift lever to N.
If the shift lever is shifted to N
3. After slowing down, stop the vehicle in a safe place by the road.
4. Stop the engine.
If the shift lever cannot be
shifted to N
3. Keep depressing the brake pedal with both feet to reduce vehicle speed as much as possible.
4. Stop the engine by pressing and holding the “ENGINE START STOP” switch for 3 consecutive seconds or more.
5. Stop the vehicle in a safe place by the road.
If the engine has to be turned off while driving - Power assist for the brakes and steering wheel will be lost, making the brake pedal harder to depress and the steering wheel heavier to turn. Decelerate as much as possible before turning off the engine.
Cabin materials are inconsistent for a Lexus — too much faux-metal plastic, a cheaper headliner than usual — but the same could be said for most sub-$30,000 luxury cars. For its league, the CT sco ...
- Vehicles with a navigation system. Owners of models equipped with a navigation system should refer to the “Navigation System Owner’s Manual”. - Vehicles without a navigation system (type A). CD ...
Select a shift position appropriate for the driving conditions. Shifting the shift lever While the “ENGINE START STOP” switch is in IGNITION ON mode, depress the brake pedal and move the shift ...