If your vehicle overheats
If your engine overheats:
1. Stop the vehicle in a safe place and turn off the automatic air conditioning system.
2. Check to see if steam is coming out from under the hood.
If you see steam:
Stop the engine. Carefully lift the hood after the steam subsides and then restart the engine.
If you do not see steam: Leave the engine running and carefully lift the hood.
3. Remove the engine compartment cover.
4. Check to see if the cooling fan is operating.
If the fan is operating: Wait until the temperature of the engine (shown on the instrument cluster) begins to fall and then stop the engine.
If the fan is not operating: Stop the engine immediately and call your local Lexus dealer.
After the engine has cooled down sufficiently, check the engine coolant level and inspect the radiator core (radiator) for any leaks.
Add engine coolant if required.
Water can be used in an emergency measure if engine coolant is unavailable.
Install the reservoir cap.
Make sure that the engine coolant reservoir hose is positioned as shown in the illustration.
Have the vehicle checked at your nearest Lexus dealer as soon as possible.
If you observe the following, your vehicle may be overheating.
- The engine coolant temperature gauge enters the red zone or a loss of power is experienced.
- Steam is coming from under the hood.
To prevent an accident or injury when inspecting under the hood of your vehicle
- If steam is seen coming from under the hood, do not open the hood until the steam has subsided. The engine compartment may be very hot, causing serious injury such as burns.
- Keep hands and clothing away from the fan and other belts while the engine is running.
- Do not loosen the radiator cap while the engine and radiator are hot.
Serious injury, such as burns, may result from hot coolant and steam released under pressure.
When adding engine coolant Wait until the engine has cooled down before adding engine coolant.
When adding coolant, do so slowly. Adding cool coolant to a hot engine too
can cause damage to the engine.
To ensure safe and economical driving, day-to-day care and regular maintenance is essential. It is the owner’s responsibility to perform regular checks. Lexus recommends the following maintenance. ...
To ensure safe and economical driving, day-to-day care and regular maintenance are essential. It is the owner’s responsibility to perform regular checks. Lexus recommends performing the following ...
How does it look?
Lexus says the ES 350 features extensive use of its “L-Finesse” design language. That sounds like marketing jargon to us, but it seems to work. The ES is a bit chunky from some angles, particularl ...