Front passenger occupant classification system
Your vehicle is equipped with a front passenger occupant classification system.
This system detects the conditions of the front passenger seat and activates or deactivates the devices for front passenger.
1. SRS warning light.
2. Front passenger’s seat belt reminder light.
3. “AIR BAG OFF” indicator light.
4. “AIR BAG ON” indicator light.
Condition and operation in the front passenger occupant classification system
Child *3 or child restraint system*4
There is a malfunction in the system
*1: The system judges a person of adult size as an adult. When a smaller adult sits in the front passenger seat, the system may recognize him/ her as a child depending on his/her physique and posture.
*2: In the event the front passenger does not wear a seat belt.
*3: When a larger child who has outgrown a child restraint system sits in the front passenger seat, the system may recognize him/her as an adult depending on his/her physique or posture.
*4: Never install a rear-facing child restraint system on the front passenger seat. A forward-facing child restraint system should only be installed on the front passenger seat when it is unavoidable.
*5: In case the indicator is not illuminated, consult this manual as for installing the child restraint system properly.
Front passenger occupant classification system precautions Observe the following precautions regarding front passenger occupant classification
Failure to do so may cause death or serious injury.
- Wear the seat belt properly.
- Make sure the front passenger’s seat belt tab has not been left inserted into
buckle before someone sits in the front passenger seat.
- Make sure the “AIR BAG OFF” indicator light is not illuminated when using the
seat belt extender for the front passenger seat. If the “AIR BAG OFF” indicator
light is illuminated, disconnect the extender tongue from the seat belt buckle,
then reconnect the seat belt. Reconnect the seat belt extender after making sure
the “AIR BAG ON” indicator light is illuminated. If you use the seat belt
while the “AIR BAG OFF” indicator light is illuminated, the front passenger airbag,
side airbag on the front passenger side and front passenger knee airbag may not activate correctly, which could cause death or serious injury in the event of
- Do not put weight on the front passenger seat by putting your hands or feet on the front passenger seat seatback from the rear passenger seat.
- Do not let a rear passenger lift the front passenger seat with their feet or
the seatback with their legs.
- Do not put objects under the front passenger seat.
- Do not recline the front passenger seatback so far that it touches a rear
may cause the “AIR BAG OFF” indicator light to be illuminated, which indicates that the passenger’s airbags will not deploy in the event of a severe accident. If the
seatback touches the rear seat, return the seatback to a position where it does not touch the rear seat. Keep the front passenger seatback as upright as possible
when the vehicle is moving. Reclining the seatback excessively may lessen the effectiveness of the seat belt system.
Front passenger occupant classification system precautions - If an adult sits in the front passenger seat, the “AIR BAG ON” indicator light is illuminated.
If the “AIR BAG OFF” indicator is illuminated, ask the passenger to sit up straight, well back in the seat, feet on the floor, and with the seat belt worn correctly.
If the “AIR BAG OFF” indicator still remain illuminated, either ask the
to move to the rear seat, or if that is not possible, move the front passenger seat fully rearward.
- When it is unavoidable to install the forward-facing child restraint system on
front passenger seat, install the child restraint system on the front passenger seat
in the proper order.
- Do not modify or remove the front seats.
- Do not kick the front passenger seat or subject it to severe impact.
the SRS warning light may come on to indicate a malfunction of the detection system.
In this case, contact your Lexus dealer immediately.
- Child restraint systems installed on the rear seat should not contact the front seatbacks.
- Do not use a seat accessory, such as a cushion or seat cover, that covers the
- Do not modify or replace the upholstery of the front seat.
CT 200h in the Market
Lexus says CT 200h buyers cross-shop the Audi, BMW and Volvo competition — and the budget-luxury field is set to swell. Expect Mercedes and Infiniti to throw their hats in the ring, too. But are ...
Your vehicle is a hybrid vehicle. It has characteristics different from conventional vehicles. Be sure you are closely familiar with the characteristics of your vehicle, and operate with care. Th ...
Security and system setup
Security setting items and operation procedures To enter the menu for each function, follow the steps below using a voice command or : Setting or changing the PIN (Personal Identification Number) ...