The trunk can be opened using the trunk opener, entry function or wireless remote control.
Opening the trunk from inside the vehicle
Release the trunk lid.
Locking the trunk opener feature
Turn the main switch in the glove box OFF to disable the trunk opener.
The trunk lid cannot be opened even with the trunk opener, the wireless remote control or the entry function.
Use the trunk handle when closing the trunk.
Internal trunk release lever
The trunk lid can be opened by pulling down on the glow-in-the-dark lever located on the inside of trunk lid.
The lever will continue to glow for some time after the trunk lid is closed.
The trunk light turns on when the trunk is opened.
Caution while driving
- Keep the trunk lid closed while driving.
If the trunk lid is left open, it may hit near-by objects while driving or
the trunk may be unexpectedly thrown out, causing an accident.
In addition, exhaust gases may enter the vehicle, causing death or a serious health hazard. Make sure to close the trunk lid before driving.
- Before driving the vehicle, make sure that the trunk lid is fully closed. If
lid is not fully closed, it may open unexpectedly while driving, causing an accident.
- Never let anyone sit in the trunk. In the event of sudden braking or a
are susceptible to death or serious injury.
When children are in the vehicle Observe the following precautions.
Failure to do so may result in death or serious injury.
- Do not allow children to enter the trunk.
If a child is accidentally locked in the trunk, they could overheat or suffocate.
- Do not allow a child to open or close the trunk lid.
Doing so may cause the trunk lid to operate unexpectedly, or cause the child’s hands, head, or neck to be caught by the closing trunk lid.
Using the trunk
Observe the following precautions.
Failure to do so may cause parts of the body to be caught, resulting in serious injury.
- Remove any heavy loads, such as snow and ice, from the trunk lid before
it. Failure to do so may cause the trunk lid to fall closed again after it is opened.
- When opening or closing the trunk lid, thoroughly check to make sure the
area is safe.
- If anyone is in the vicinity, make sure they are safe and let them know that
trunk is about to open or close.
- Use caution when opening or closing the trunk lid in windy weather as it may move abruptly in strong wind.
The trunk lid may fall if it is not opened fully. It is more difficult to open or close the trunk lid on an incline than on a level surface, so beware of the trunk lid unexpectedly opening or closing by itself.
Make sure that the trunk lid is fully open and secure before using the trunk.
- When closing the trunk lid, take extra care to prevent your fingers etc. from being caught.
- When closing the trunk lid, make sure to press it lightly on its outer surface. If the trunk handle is used to fully close the trunk lid, it may result in hands or arms being caught.
- Do not attach any accessories other than genuine Lexus parts to the trunk lid.
Such additional weight on the trunk lid may cause the lid to fall closed again
it is opened.
PCS (Pre-Collision System)
When the radar sensor detects an unavoidable frontal collision, safety systems such as the brakes and seat belts are automatically engaged in an attempt to lessen damage. Pre-collision seat belts ...
Setting up a Bluetooth® enabled portable player
Registering a portable player in the Bluetooth® audio system allows the system to function. The following functions can be used for registered portable players: Functions and operation procedures ...
You may replace the following bulbs yourself. For more information about replacing other light bulbs, contact your Lexus dealer. Prepare a replacement light bulb. Check the wattage of the light bul ...