Operating an iPod®
Connecting an iPod® enables you to enjoy music from the vehicle speakers.
Connecting an iPod®
Connect an iPod® using an iPod® cable.
Selecting a play mode
1. Press to select iPod® menu
2. Turning changes the play mode in
the following order:
“PLAYLISTS”→“ARTISTS”→“ALBUMS”→“SONGS”→ “PODCASTS”→“GENRES”→“COMPOSERS”→ “AUDIOBOOKS”
3. Press to select the desired play
Play mode list
Selecting a list
1. Turn to display the first
2. Press to select the desired item.
Pressing the knob changes to the second selection list.
3. Repeat the same procedure to select the desired song name.
To return to the previous selection list, select “GO BACK” or press
Turn or press
to select the desired
Playing and pausing songs
To play or pause a song, press (
Fast-forwarding and rewinding songs
To fast-forward or rewind, press and hold
until you hear a beep.
Playing songs from one playlist or album in random order
To cancel, press (RAND) again.
Playing songs from all the playlists or albums in random order
Press and hold (RAND) until you
hear a beep.
To cancel, press (RAND) again.
To cancel, press (RPT) again.
Switching the display
Each time the button is pressed, the display changes in the following order: Elapsed time → Album title → Track title → Artist name
Adjusting sound quality and volume balance
1. Press to enter iPod® menu
2. Pressing changes sound modes.
iPod is registered trademarks of Apple, Inc.
When an iPod® is connected and the audio source is changed to iPod® mode, the iPod® will resume play from the same point in which it was last used.
- Depending on the iPod® that is connected to the system, certain functions may not be available. Disconnecting the device and reconnecting it once again may resolve some malfunctions.
To resolve most problems encountered when using your iPod®, disconnect your iPod® from the vehicle iPod® connection and reset it.
For instructions on how to reset your iPod®, refer to your iPod® Owner's Manual.
“ERROR”: This indicates a problem in the iPod® or its connection.
“NO MUSIC”: This indicates that there is no music data in the iPod®.
“EMPTY”: This indicates that some available songs are not found in a selected playlist.
“UPDATE”: This indicates that the version of the iPod® is not compatible.
your iPod® software to the latest version.
iPod® 5th generation Ver. 1.2 or later.
- iPod® nano 3rd generation Ver. 1.0 or later.
- iPod® nano 2nd generation Ver. 1.1.2 or later.
- iPod® nano Ver. 1.3 or later.
- iPod® touch Ver. 1.1 or later.
- iPod® classic Ver. 1.0 or later.
iPhone®, iPod® mini, iPod® shuffle, iPod® photo and 4th generation and earlier models of iPod® are not compatible with this system.
Items related to standards and limitations are as follows: - Maximum number of lists in device: 9999.
- Maximum number of songs in device: 65535.
- Maximum number of songs per list: 65535.
Caution while driving
Do not connect iPod® or operate the controls.
To prevent damage to iPod® - Do not leave iPod® in the vehicle. The temperature inside the vehicle may become high, resulting in damage to the player.
- Do not push down on or apply unnecessary pressure to the iPod® while it is
as this may damage the iPod® or its terminal.
- Do not insert foreign objects into the port as this may damage the iPod® or
The Lexus GX 460, like all Lexus models, is equipped with an array of dynamic safety systems. Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) helps keep the Lexus GX 460 going on its intended course by detecting ...
Operating a Bluetooth® enabled portable player
Selecting an album To select the desired album, press or . Selecting tracks Press or on to select the desired track. Playing and pausing tracks To play or pause a track, press ( ). Fa ...
The Lexus LS 460 delivers the ultra-comfortable ride quality that has become synonymous with the Lexus flagship LS sedans. The air-suspension system, which is standard on all-wheel drive models an ...